Well, Week 2 went much like week 1. Now that the initial unit is complete, it is time for another self-refection.
Things we thought we well:
- Students were engaged and worked diligently.
- Overall student learning increased. Most students improved their assessment scores; although, it did take some students more attempts than others.
- Students seemed to take more ownership of their learning.
- We were able to spend more time with individual students.
Things that didn’t go so well:
- As usual, there were some technology glitches, but we seemed to have worked these out.
- We need more equipment for some activities. It seemed like everyone wanted to do those activities at the same time.
- Some students still needed some help staying on task and struggled with independent work.
Things that surprised me:
- I didn’t expect to have so much free time during class.
- I didn’t expect it to be so quick and easy to get assignments graded during class.
- I was surprised at how long certain activities took compared to others.
- I was pleasantly surprised at how well they adapted to the changes overall.
So what did the students think? Glad you asked. We did a survey using Google Forms to hear what they had to say. Here are the results:
So I guess you could say they liked it, so here goes Round 2…